Our low cost Pet Clinic is looking for a CVT to join our team. We are a fast pace clinic, that offers lots of hands on experience. The Veterinary Technician supports the veterinarians and is responsible for assisting during surgeries and facilitating office exams and drop-in visits for clients.
Education and Experience:
· At least 1 year of work experience; previous work experience in a veterinary care field preferred
· Current certification in good standing.
· Maintains satisfactory level of care by attending continuing education
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Meets with Walk-In clients and perform services such as; vaccinations, heartworm testing, nail trims, anal gland expression, and microchipping.
· Educate Walk-In clients about vaccine protocols, heartworm disease, proper diet, proper dental care.
· Prepares and operates digital radiology equipment and follows radiology safety procedures.
· Prepares laboratory samples.
· Facilitates office exams for clients and veterinarian.
· Performs pre-surgical duties on animals and prepares animals for surgery.
· Calculates, administers and records pre-anesthetic drugs.
· Monitors anesthesia during surgery, through post-anesthesia and recovery.
· Cleans and prepares surgical instruments and ensures supplies are ready for use.
· Educate clients on pre and post- surgical care of their animals.
· Performs dental cleanings.
· Responds to emergency situations, administering triage care.
· Assist Veterinarians with euthanasia
· Maintains communication with veterinary team members about animal care and treatment.
· Assists veterinary and team members with other duties as assigned.
· General clinic cleaning and laundry duties.
· Administers and records medications and treatments as assigned.
· Maintains appropriate records, documents, and data entry for patients
· Inventories and orders supply as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Effective communication, organization, and strong customer service skills.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills; Spanish language speaking ability a plus
· Shows initiative and is a conscientious worker.
· Ability to handle multiple tasks at once in a fast-paced environment.
· Detail oriented and exercises good judgment when dealing with the public and animal-related concerns.
· Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds.
· Office and animal shelter environment.
· Potential exposure to high noise levels and zoonotic diseases.
· Occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds.
· Frequent use of computer.
Our Clinic offers Paid time off, Health insurance, Dental insurance, Other types of insurance, Retirement benefits or accounts, Education assistance or tuition reimbursement, Employee discounts.
The rate of pay for this position is $16.00 hour, if you are interested in this position please email me your cover letter and resume to Tracy at Tracytlw@gmail.com. Please state open CVT position in the subject line.